If you reflect on and put into action many of the perspectives shared on this podcast, and if your colleagues do too, I truly believe your ICUs should improve in the care you deliver. That’s not to say you don’t do well already. It’s rather to suggest that the topics we cover on this podcast are not covered well in textbooks and journals, and are often better relayed through the stories and experience of the real people I talk to with the “fly on the wall” intimacy that audio podcasts allow.
In this 2019 recap episode you will either hear some of the interview guests you may have missed, or you will re-listen to some of the topics & people I selected, so as to showcase several of the themes this show focuses on. For the third year in a row I have simply been astounded by just how much I personally have valued and learned from the perspectives, stories and wisdom of the people I’ve interviews on the show in the last 12 months. This is my thank you to each of those guests (even if they haven’t been highlighted today). It’s also my thank you to you, whether you are a first-time or long-time listener, and a special thank you to all who have helped me by sharing the show with others.
I couldn’t include all 2019 guests so I picked the excerpts I enjoyed rehearing. I am sorry if I left out someone you might have included. If you did miss some of the episodes, here is your chance to catch up. If you are a new listener, this series of audio snippets is what I feel best characterises the show.
The 6 extracts are from interviews with Rana Awdish, Matt Morgan, Jo Stewart, Laura Rock, Paul Young & Ed Litton.
Links to the 6 interviews excerpted (in order of playing)
- MIC podcast – Episode 41 with Rana Awdish
- MIC podcast – Episode 47 with Matt Morgan
- MIC podcast – Episode 43 with Jo Stewart
- MIC podcast – Episode 48 with Laura Rock
- MIC podcast – Episode 42 with Paul Young
- MIC podcast – Episode 40 with Ed Litton
Links to resources (in order of mentioning)
See above links for more information about individual guests and the resources discussed in each excerpt
- New Normal Project podcast
- Rich Roll Podcast
- Rich Roll Podcast – Episode 488 (Best of 2019 Part 1)
- MIC podcast – Episode 15 with Peter Brindley
- New Normal Project podcast – New Normal in Action episode (October 2019)
- New Normal Project podcast – New Normal in Action episode (November 2019)
- New Normal Project podcast – New Normal in Action episode (December 2019)
- Mastering Intensive Care podcast – Episode 45 with Scott Weingart
- EMCrit podcast – Episode 252
- MIC podcast – Episode 49 with Hugh Montgomery
- MIC podcast – Episode 50 with Andrew Davies