The technique described uses the Matrix biofilm remover as a detergent.
Bedside Pre Clean
- With endoscope still attached to the light source -> wipe scope from control head to tip.
- Place distal tip in detergent solution & aspirate through suction channel –> depress and release suction button rapidly to promote debris dislodgement.
- Continue aspiration until clean fluid is seen.
- Remove the suction adaptor valve and place in the detergent solution.
- Attach the suction cleaning adapter to the instrument channel port and place distal end into the detergent solution and depress the suction button for 30 seconds.
- The endoscope should be removed from the light source and taken to the cleaning area.
- Place scope into the allocated scope bucket.
References and Links
- CCC — Bronchoscopic Anatomy
- Paul Young’s ICU Mind Maps — Bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary Puzzle 005 — HIV, pneumonia and bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary Puzzle 009 — Lung collapse, recruitment and bronchoscopy
Social Media and Web Resources