Part two of a 5 part lecture series on ECG/EKG Interpretation – Myocardial ischemia and infarction – with Dr Theo Sklavos and cardiologist A/Prof William Wang. This lecture series is aimed primarily at medical/nursing/paramedicine students and junior trainees, but will hopefully be useful as a refresher course for the more experienced.
Myocardial ischaemia and infarction
- Identify the signs of myocardial ischaemia on the ECG.
- Identify which region of myocardium is ischaemic.
- Identify posterior infarction, right ventricular infarction, ischaemia in paced rhythms and LBBB.
ECG Interpretation lectures
- The Basics
- Myocardial ischemia and infarction
- Conduction disease
- Other cardiac conditions
References and further reading
- Myocardial ischemia
- Posterior Myocardial Infarction
- Right Ventricular Infarction
- ECG Resources/References