Part three of a 5 part lecture series on ECG/EKG Interpretation on conduction disease with Dr Theo Sklavos and cardiologist A/Prof William Wang. This lecture series is aimed primarily at medical/nursing/paramedicine students and junior trainees, but will hopefully be useful as a refresher course for those with previous experience.
- Identify AV nodal block, bundle branch and fascicular blocks.
- Identify escape rhythms and their origin.
ECG Interpretation lectures
- The Basics
- Myocardial ischemia and infarction
- Conduction disease
- Other cardiac conditions
References and further reading
- Left anterior fascicular block
- Left posterior fascicular block
- Bifascicular block – Trifascicular block
- Left bundle branch block (LBBB)
- Right bundle branch block (RBBB)
- AV block: 1st degree
- AV block: 2nd degree, Mobitz I (Wenckebach)
- AV block: 2nd degree, Mobitz II (Hay)
- AV block: 2nd degree, “fixed ratio blocks” (2:1, 3:1)
- AV block: 2nd degree, “high grade AV block”
- AV block: 3rd degree (complete heart block)
- ECG Resources/References