Tom Bentley Throckmorton (1885 – 1961) was an American neurologist
- FAMOUS FOR
- Born January 20, 1885
- 1909 – Doctorate in medicine Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia
- 1927-1936 – Governor of the Iowa Chapter of the American College of Physicians
- Died July 1961
- Throckmorton reflex – variation of the Babinski reflex elicited by percussion of the metatarsophalangeal region on the dorsum of the foot.
- Throckmorton’s sign (John Thomas sign)
Key Medical Attributions:
- More about medical contributions
- Throckmorton TB. A new method for eliciting the extensor toe reflex. JAMA. 1911;LVI(18):1311-1312.
- Throckmorton TB. The role of extensor toe reflex in neurological diagnosis. New York Medical Journal, 1911, 94: 786-787.
- Papers read to write PAGE
the person behind the name