This is the first in a series of (ir)regular updates on what’s new and what’s been polished up recently in the LITFL Critical Care Compendium (CCC).
So, what is the CCC?
LITFL’s Critical Care Compendium is a comprehensive collection of pages concisely covering the core topics and controversies of critical care.
Currently there are about 1,200 entries with more always in the works. Some pages are more developed than others, and all the pages are being constantly revised, improved, hyperlinked and media-embedded by the LITFL team. These pages originated from the FCICM exam study notes created by LITFL’s Dr Jeremy Fernando in 2011. Links to new references and online resources are added daily, with an emphasis on those that are free and open access (FOAM!). As such it will be particularly useful to those studying for the CICM Fellowship exam and those entrusted with helping others get through it. Increasingly entries relevant to the FACEM exam and the wider world of critical care are being added to the mix.
This is what’s new:
- Tracheostomy master page
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Advantages and disadvantages of tracheostomy
- Percutaneous versus surgical tracheostomy
- Tracheostomy insertion techniques
- Tracheostomy literature summaries
- Tracheostomy ready for decannulation hot case
- Fenestrated Tracheostomy Tube
- Assessment of Swallow in a Tracheostomy Patient
- Anatomy for tracheostomy
- Tracheostomy complications
- Bleeding tracheostomy
- Respiratory distress in a tracheostomy patient
Ventilator discontinuation/ liberation/ weaning
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation
- Spontaneous breathing trial
- Indices that predict difficulty weaning
- Difficulty weaning from mechanical ventilation
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation hot case
- Non-invasive ventilation for weaning
- Extubation assessment in ICU
- Extubation assessment in the ED
- Extubation assessment hot case
- Cuff Leak Test
- Post-extubation stridor
Be sure to leave comments, suggested links and other ways of improving the pages. Enjoy!