Persevering Through A Pandemic: 1 – Are you sick of COVID?
Are you sick of COVID?
How have you coped in this pandemic?
And what’s it actually felt like to live and work throughout this last two years?
Concerned for the wellbeing of healthcare professionals in the hardest hit ICUs during the COVID-19 pandemic, I interviewed a group of clinicians previously featured on the podcast.
In this first episode of a series focusing on Intensive Care clinician wellbeing during the pandemic, you’ll hear the voices of Dr Laura Rock, Dr Peter Brindley and Dr Wes Ely.
With an emphasis on personal wellbeing, I aimed to uncover their feelings, their struggles, their perspectives and their take-aways from this prolonged global healthcare crisis.
My hope is to help you to reflect on and to process your own pandemic experience and to hear lessons you might take away to your Intensive Care community.
Thank you for listening to these wise and thoughtful Intensive Care clinicians tell you how they’ve been “Persevering Through A Pandemic”.
Links to featured guests
- Laura Rock: on Twitter (@drlaurarock);
- Laura Kane Rock, M.D. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- MIC Episode 048: Laura Rock
- Peter Brindley: on Twitter (@docpgb)
- Peter Brindley. University of Alberta
- MIC Episode 015: Peter Brindley
- Wes Ely: on Twitter (@WesElyMD)
- E Wesley Ely, MD. Vanderbilt University
- MIC Episode 033: Wes Ely
- Ely W. Every deep drawn breath. A Critical Care Doctor on Healing, Recovery, and Transforming Medicine in the ICU. 2021
Persevering Through A Pandemic Series
Further reading and listening
- Full podcast collection on LITFL and Libsyn
- The New Normal Project podcast
- More conversation on Twitter (@andrewdavies66) and Facebook
- Audio Producer: Chris Burke of Burke Sound & Media
Mastering Intensive Care
with Andrew Davies