NeuroRAGE is a special edition of the RAGE podcast featuring these special guests:
- Mark Wilson, prehospitalist with London HEMS and neurosurgeon with the NeuroTrauma unit at Imperial in London
- Oli Flower, intensivist and NeuroICU enthusiast at Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney – co-organiser of SMACC an the Intensive Care Network.
- Podcast | Play in new window
- Podcast | Download (Duration: 1:22:03 — 75.6MB)
- Subscribe| Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
neuroRAGE Special Edition is 82 min 03 sec long and includes:
- Introduction, including a welcome to Mark and Oli, along with usual supsects Cliff and Karel… (starts 00:00 min)
- ‘What’s bubbling up?’ (starts )1:31 min) — shout outs and interesting discoveries from the world of FOAM and elsewhere featuring the GoodSam app (again), A talk on transport of Ebola patients, SMACC Chicago, ESICM’s live feed of ‘Hot Topics’ such as the ARISE trial results, and Cliff Reid’s ‘through the rabbit hole’ experience with ketamine as a patient.
- the NeuroRAGE participants discussing ‘Traumatic Brain Injury and a bit about the Spine’ (starts 17:13 min)
- the NeuroRAGE participants discussing ‘ICP Monitoring’ (starts 45:22 min)
- the NeuroRAGE participants discussing ‘Intracerebral haemorrhage and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage’ (starts 55:09 min)
- the NeuroRAGE participants discussing a ‘smorgasbord’ of other neurocritical care questions, including the ‘cranial screwtop manoeuvre’ (starts 79:14 min)
- ‘A blast from the past’ by Oli Flower on the origins of the EEG (starts ? min)
- ‘Words of Wisdom’ from Mark Wilson (starts 80:36 min)
Show notes for NeuroRAGE:
- The GoodSam app
- SMACC Chicago
- A talk by Alexander Isakov on ‘EMS: Transport and Care of Patients ill with Ebola Virus Disease’ (Emory University Grand Rounds)
- The ARISE trial results (ESICM News)
- Wade Davis on “Dreams of Endangered Cultures” (TEDtalk)
- Midazolam smoothens adult ketamine sedation (Resus.ME)
Ketamine-induced dysphoria and hallucinations:
Traumatic Brain Injury and a bit about the Spine
- Laroche M, Kutcher ME, Huang MC, Cohen MJ, Manley GT. Coagulopathy after traumatic brain injury. Neurosurgery. 2012 Jun;70(6):1334-45. doi: 10.1227/NEU.0b013e31824d179b. Review. PubMed PMID: 22307074.
- Stocchetti N, Maas AI. Traumatic intracranial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2014 May 29;370(22):2121-30. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra1208708. Review. PubMed PMID: 24869722.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Overview (LITFL CCC)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Assessment (LITFL CCC)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Management (LITFL CCC)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Monitoring (LITFL CCC)
- Increased Intracranial Pressure in Traumatic Brain Injury (LITFL CCC)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Prognosis (LITFL CCC)
- Temperature and Traumatic Brain Injury (LITFL CCC)
- Cerebral Perfusion Pressure (CPP) in TBI (LITFL CCC)
- All Shook Up – Diffuse Axonal Injury with John Hell (StEmlyns)
- Chesnut R, Videtta W, Vespa P, Le Roux P; The Participants in the International Multidisciplinary Consensus Conference on Multimodality Monitoring. Intracranial Pressure Monitoring: Fundamental Considerations and Rationale for Monitoring. Neurocrit Care. 2014 Sep 11. PMID: 25208680.
- Codman ICP Monitor (LITFL CCC)
Intracerebral Haemorrhage and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage
- Intracerebral Haemorrhage (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (SAH) (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage: Prognostication (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage: Complications (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage: Initial Management (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage: ICU Management (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage Patient Hot Case (LITFL CCC)
- Subarachnoid Haemorrhage Grading Systems (LITFL CCC)
- Monitoring in Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (LITFL CCC)
- Vasospasm in Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (LITFL CCC)
- Coiling versus Clipping in Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (LITFL CCC)
- Victoria Brazil on ‘Timing, Tribes and STEMIs‘ (LITFL)
- Frank Vertosick’s book ‘When the air hits your brain‘
- What is the ‘cranial screwtop method’?…
Blast from the Past
- Hans Berger pioneer of the EEG (Wikipedia)
Words of Wisdom
- Just listen!
Thanks again for listening to the RAGE!